FLU VACCINATION 2020
Flu Clinics start from October and our vaccinations, including nasal flu vaccinations for children, have arrived. Eligible patients will receive an invitation to book an appointment for flu vaccination. First priority will be given to patients aged 65 and over, as well as patients who have been deemed a COVID HIGH-RISK patient (regardless of their age) as well as COVID HIGH RISK family members. Our “COVID HIGH RISK” patients have been identified by NHS England. If you are eligible please telephone the Practice to book an appointment or if you would like more information.
Contacting the Practice via eConsult
From Monday 27th July we are changing our appointment system and the way in which patients can contact the Practice. You can contact us via eConsult (using the link below) or via the NHS App (using the link in the “further information” section to the right of the homepage). eConsult allows you to contact the Practice around the clock whenever you need to. You can use it for appointment booking, medical queries and administrative issues. It gives us more information about what you need and helps us to signpost you to the right service. You will hear back from us by the end of the next working day. If eConsult isn’t suitable you can still call the Practice and urgent problems can still be dealt with on the same day. Nurse appointments are still bookable by calling the practice. Please call Reception if you need more information.
Coronavirus Comms for Primary Care as at 16.03.20
DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY UNLESS INSTRUCTED TO BY A CLINICIAN OR THE SURGERY
Please consider carefully if your problem is urgent and cannot wait as we are entering an unprecedented period of demand on the whole NHS.
The following actions have been implemented by the North Hampshire Primary Care Team:
• This surgery is now operating on a triage only system.
• The Clinician will contact you remotely by phone or by video consult. They will advise you if and where you need to be seen.
•If you submit any digital image(s) via email as part of an online consultation, or at the request of a Clinician, please note that the image(s) will be securely stored within your electronic clinical notes. Photographs help in providing clinical care and will not be used for any other purpose without your consent. If you object to images being stored please express this clearly in your email or advise the Clinician.
• You will no longer be able to pick up prescriptions from your surgery. Please sign up for online services or speak to you pharmacist
With your support we hope to deliver the safest possible service during this turbulent period. We remain committed to the health and well-being of our population and thank you for your support.
• Anyone with a new continuous cough OR fever (>37.8 must self- isolate) for 7 days (this includes children)
• Anyone with these symptoms that is WELL can self- isolate
• Anyone with symptoms that is UNWELL should go to 111 online for advice they must NOT go to the GP. 111 will assess and advise.
Visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for further information about Coronavirus and actions regarding self-isolation
Do you need the NHS in a hurry? For information on choosing the right service for your urgent care, please click here
The Beggarwood Practice and North Hampshire Urgent Care
We are pleased to announce that from the 9th September 2019 the running of the Beggarwood Practice has been taken over by North Hampshire Urgent Care (NHUC). NHUC is a non profit community based provider who has been involved in the local Basingstoke area for 22 years running the local GP Out of Hours Service Hantsdoc. Our intention is for the Beggarwood Practice to be considered an outstanding example of how Primary Care Services should be delivered in the community.
December 2019 Update
- We have increased the number of clinicians working at the practice and are now seeing an additional 25-30% patients each month
- Recruitment is nearly completed for the practice and from February 2020 it is planned that 90% of Doctors and Nurses will be permanent salaried in comparison to the previous model of the practice being fully covered by locum clinicians
- Online functionally has greatly been increased with bookings for appointments now available from 8pm on the day before the appointment with all appointment slots apart from those reserved for emergencies now available to book
- Automated texts introduced to alert patients about test results and about booking follow up appointments
- Many improvements to the Practice physical structure such as new blinds throughout and new chairs arriving soon
You can "Register" and "Log" into Patient Access by clicking on the icon below."
The Friends and Family Test
We are now offering patients the opportunity to complete a small patient survey, The Friends and Family Test.
To complete this survey, please click on the "icon" below.