This surgery website is used to present all our patients with up to date news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like. We can use your ideas to improve our online services and further develop the content of this site.
We would like to share some exciting news. Please join us in welcoming new members of staff to our team:
Dr Sohail Butt, Medical Director, South Region. Dr Butt will be based at Beggarwood on a Monday morning and all day Thursday.
Dr Asim Saeed – Locum GP based at Beggarwood for a period of 6 months.
Hayley Bicknell – Advanced Nurse Practitioner. Hayley is a permanent member of staff working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Nicola Watson – Medical Receptionist.
You may remember Jackie Clarke, Practice Nurse; we are delighted that Jackie has returned to general practice nursing after a spell with Hampshire Police as a forensic nurse
We are looking for more people to join our Patient Participation Group. If you are interested please click on the link on the right hand side of this page and fill in the form or contact Jo Cohen, Medical Secretary on 01256 396509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
From the 1st December 2017 we will not be providing any further travel vaccinations and we suggest patients attend Basingstoke Travel Clinic or the local pharmacies.
The reason for this is that we need to increase the Practice Nurses provision of diabetes, asthma, chronic lung disease and children's immunisation clinics.
So for this reason, and in common in other GP surgeries, we are prioritising all Practice Nurse time towards these areas of patient care and suggest patients seek their private travel immunisations from other local providers.
FLU SEASON is upon us
Flu vaccinations are now available for those in the following categories:
Anyone Living with a long term medical condition
Everyone aged 65 and over
People with caring responsibilities
Please ring reception to book an appointment
Our Mission Statement
'To Improve the Health, well-being and lives of those we care for'
All patients have a named accountable GP at this practice, if you require further information please ask at reception.
Statement of intent for detailed access to records online
Plan to Meet GMS 2015-16 Contractual Requirement for Patient Online Services
This practice plans to offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print detailed coded information held in their own records from Monday 1st April 2016. The Practice has a strict policy in place for the granting of such access requests.
This date is subject to the necessary NHS GP systems and software being available to the practice.
This practice currently offers the facility for patients:
• to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
• to order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
• to view online, export or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items agreed between the practice and individual patient
We publicise and promote our online services to our practice’s patients through the practice website, practice waiting room.
If you wish to express your interest in this service, you will need to contact the surgery on 01256 396500. The surgery will then provide you with a form detailing your "Registration details". You will need to collect this form from the Reception desk at the surgery (this cannot be posted to you). We will also require to see photo ID and proof of address, for example a utility bill or similar at the time of collection.
You can "Register" and "Log" into Patient Access by clicking on the icon below."
You can continue to use the old prescription method via the button at the bottom of the page until 31st December 2015.
The surgery is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6.00pm.
Access for the Disabled
The Practice has access for wheelchair users. Disabled toilet facilities are available. There is a lift for access to services on the first floor.
The Practice has access to Audio Frequency Induction Loop for the hard of hearing.
The Surgery has access to an interpreting service.
Your GP Cares (Item from the BMA)
The environment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging.
The burning issues are:
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs and some care moving out of hospitals is all contributing to unsustainable pressures on GP services.
- Based on the current number of doctors working as GPs, and the staff who support them in the general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone’s needs.
- Practices are struggling to recruit to vacant posts in their practices and to find locum cover so that patients can still be seen if a colleague is sick or absent.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress causing many GPs to leave the profession or to consider early retirement.
- Many GP practice buildings are old and need investment to create more room for patients to be seen or simply to make them fit for purpose.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirements of all their local patients.
Please "click" on the link below to watch the GP Cares video:
The Friends and Family Test
The Beggarwood Surgery are now offering patients the opportunity to complete a small patient survey, The Friends and Family Test.
To complete this survey, please click on the "icon" below.
(Site updated 07/11/2017)